Sunday, March 13, 2011

sunshine

Change, like sunshine, can be a friend or a foe, a blessing or a curse, a dawn or a dusk.
~ William Arthur Ward

the sunshine this weekend  has been a wonderful addition to our days. we have been able to spend plenty of time outside, allowing tom plenty of time to work on the basement. we have the walls painted and the ceiling should be done this afternoon!



we've had two baseball practices and lots of time in the sunshine the past few days. it's so sad to think we could see flakes falling from the sky tonight... it's been wonderful to get some weeds pulled and for the boys to "blow the stink off".




Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high


If I had a day that I could give you
I’d give to you a day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I’d sing a song to make you feel this way


Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high



If I had a tale that I could tell you
I’d tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I’d make a wish for sunshine all the while
this weekend has been nice. nice to enjoy the calm and peacefulness of the simplicity of our days. the closer we come to finishing the basement...the more i feel as if my days will be more like this...


getting stuck in the muddy field at baseball practice...but if my kids have taught me anything, it is that you have to get up, try it again, and laugh! jack was so upset when he fell in the mud and then he giggled the entire way home! we were both covered in mud! the running bath water was such a glorious thing!

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
Sunshine almost all the time makes me high
Sunshine almost always
my mom sang john denver's sunshine on my shoulders to me when i was very young. the very sound of the opening notes brings me right back...today, i will stop and soak up the sunshine and enjoy this very moment.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the blog Lisa.
    I was signing Sunshine on My Shoulder all weekend as well.
    Now when I sing that song it will have a special meaning.
    Thanks for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Here comes the sun, Here comes the sun" was another song your mom and I knew as high school buds! What an amazing job you are doing not only with this blog, but with life. Thanks for the great pictures of the boys. The smiles on their faces are witness to the love they receive from you and Tom! You are such a blessing and yes, I will now sing the John Denver song!!! Thank you and bless you, Lisa! Your momma is very proud - I know 'cause she used to tell me over and over and over...and I'm so proud too! Bless You!

    ReplyDelete