Wednesday, June 20, 2012

summer!

it's official. today is the first day of summer!
and it was perfect.
i treated myself to a massage...much deserving and necessary!

the boys and i ventured to the pool for a few hours.
i love the pool. the boys hang with their friends. jack and i move between the baby pool and the big pool. i love watching the kids try new things like handstands and jumping off of the diving board.
i get glimpses of what sam and louie are like when tom and i aren't around and it makes me smile.

i picked up our first fruit/veggie basket of the summer...


i don't know who was more excited...


visit the community helpings website to find a local delivery in the st. louis area.
they are very yummy and are usually filled with local produce!

i am also venturing into my very large bottle of wine.
a great find at sam's yesterday!


it has been a great day. 
i can't wait for the second day of summer...
...
dad had to get some tests done at the va hospital last week,
so we dropped him off and went on a surprise adventure...
to union station!

i take a picture here every visit. :)


my explorer

my thinker

my fisherman

after our adventure...
fishing in the front yard from his wagon...not sure how many nibbles he got...

you know a wee one is worn out when they can sleep standing up...



enjoy today. you've got several more hours of daylight!
as for me, i'm going to enjoy my glass or very large bottle of wine and
some yummy bbq chicken nachos!
happy first day of summer! drink it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment